Tuesday, July 1, 2008

132, Vincent Street

I wrote this few days back but not getting time to publish it. Don't confuse yourself with the publish date with written date. They are actually different.

I am neither feeling broken nor my eyes are watered. Today morning, sun rose from east, clouds rained as they generally do and my boss, buddy, fellow workers all are in time and i am late. In short, its a normal day for me & even for you. As usual small ups & down of life are being faced which, are big one for others & ignorable for few, instigates me to scribble some words over the incident happened last night.

It was 1:32 PM in my clock when I received a mail from one of my best friend, which intended to make me realize that how he was feeling at that time . I am thinking at 132 vincent street over these three digits of '132' & arbitrarly tring to connect them with the memorable joke of $132 which has been announced commenly as tragedy at 1:32am of last night after a warm discussion.
Have you ever tried to make things memorable by acting on a hoax & targetting a human being better to say a friend?? Obviously yes... in your college life. Same thing i did. I acted alongwith my senior on the script which was fake & written by me but really cheap in reading and listening to all new readers and listeners respectively. I was getting succeess in its implementation but feeling bad right from its beginning. But I continued with plans by imagining a dream situation when imprints of this hoax's consequence would become memorable for our internship in new zealand.

The end of every joke whether its' good or bad is decided by the victim's way of acceptance. If he smiles at the end of joke, it would become a memory for the moment and if he got psyched it would become a memory at later stage of time. I am feeling guilty because victim of this plan had already been victim of pervious two hoaxes and smiled thereafere. There is a major probability of facing the bad end of this hoax due to victim's circumstances. Eventhough, I took a risk and eventually, got failed in making this moment as cherishable for him & for us too.

At discrete point of time, a thought hit into the upper part of my brain that due to my fun that person is feeling stressed & ruined his relations with others. Friends, I don't want to be a hero, so it doesn't imply that i want to be vilan. Actually, I want to be a neutral character of movie who play significant role in story building and janta generally ignores them while watching movie.
I know you are feeling surprise that if i had done such a culprit then why i am not broken. Actually, I feel that this shock helps to delimit my bounderis and help me to use safety factor while defining the upper limit of tolerance of fun that can be done wiht an individual. So that i will never act on those hoax which hurts other.

Does it ever happened to you?

3 comments:

ranger said...

Yeah bro, it happens.
Sometimes when we are in a group, we tend to do things that we won't be doing had we been alone.
And also if the 'victim' smiles it off, it generally doesn't mean he/she has forgotten and more importantly forgiven.
Whats important though is that we realize it when we've crossed the line and admit it, as you've done.
College life would be dull if we don't have pranksters and hoaxsters, but different people react to such stuff differently. So our sensitivity asumes immense significance in such cases.

अभिनव भारद्वाज said...

@ranger
actually it happened in a group. ur point of realization is always my main concern.

nice briefing pushkin!

Admin said...

Hi,

I write at Happy Schools Blog, found at Happy Schools Blog

I write about Graduate School Admission in U.S., Job opportunities for students, University Selection based on my personal experience.

I recently published few articles I thought you and your readers might be interested in. Here URL for few articles

Tips to Improve GRE Score

12 – Step University Selection

If you like the articles, I'd absolutely love a mention on your site.

In any case, you've got a great site. Keep it up.

If your friends are planning to study in U.S. it will be helpful.